I just signed up and looking forward to the ride! I have a question about the “Link my GitHub to enable my public profile”. Wondering what this will do?
Here are my concerns:
- I already have a GitHub account, paid subscription with both public and private repos
- Is this link from FreeCodeCamp to GitHub READ_ONLY and just going to scoop my existing profile information (Picture, Bio, and location) or provide me with a single UID/PWD login to both sites?
- Or will FreeCodeCamp, be posting code there “automagically”?
- Just looking for a better understanding of what the implications of this are as there are some copyright concerns with the contents in the “private repos” I already have there and need to understand what access I am giving before proceeding.
- I was already planning to host my solutions there in a public repo that I was going to maintain.
Anyway, if you could clarify, that would be great.