What i need to become a front end developer?

Hi there!
I am new to freeCodeCamp and wonder, if the whole roadmap of courses(i.e. front end certification, data vizualisation, back end certification and so on) will be enough to start working as a front end developer?
do you just pick up the courses you need, or do everything from the beginning till the end?

thanks a lot!

1 Like

You definitely don’t need backend certificate to become front end developer. Data visualization basically teaches you react and d3.js. React is an advantageous skill to have for a frontend developer, d3 not so much.

hi,thanks for a quick answer)
but how do think, is a freecode camp front ent course enough to become a developer?
I used to learn Java Core myself and now start front end course just to decided what I like more - front end or back end developing.

Front end course is basic html, css, javascript and jquery. That is a good introduction to frontend so you can decide whether you like it or not. But if you really want to find a front end developer position you better learn one of angular/react/vue frameworks and get some understanding of npm and build tools. Less/sass would also be helpful but there is not much to learn.

2 Likes

Hey, really recommend you to try this learning path: https://www.bitdegree.org/learning-paths
There you can get not only a list of courses but also job opportunities.

hey everyone!

Just start with visiting coursera or udemy, you’ll find there plenty of good courses of basic html, css, and javascript. It’s enough for the beginning. Within the time, you’ll find out what’s more useful for you.