What Text Editor Do You Use?

Sublime is my go to editor, I was a notepad++ fan for a few months. I downloaded VSC but I have not really had a big enough project to need it so I don’t use it much.

This helped me choose :slight_smile:

I downloaded VSC but I have not really had a big enough project to need it so I don’t use it much.

And I flip booleans in .ini files in VSCode.

I’ve tried a lot of them and VSCode is my favorite. Easy to add extensions and the integrated terminal is the best. I have used:

1. Brackets: which is really just a test bed and has many bugs.
  2. Dreamweaver: which is cool when you need more visual editing help but then falls short once you want to actually code because of the bugs and I think Adobe is going to shitcan it. A dinosaur.
  3. Sublime: just to damn hard to handle the plugin situation and I just don’t like it.
  4. Coda 2: pretty but they don’t update much, if ever and you have to pay for Emmet.
  5. Atom: I wanted to love it but on a Mac I always had some issue to deal with before I could code (kinda like a Windows Machine:) and it was just a pain in the watusi. I gave up when I found VSCode.
  6. Vim: I can see the benefit but with the terminal working so well within VSCode I see no need to learn. There is a lot of short cuts to learn and VIM specific things. Seems like way to much to just sling some code.
2 Likes