What's wrong :Match Characters that Occur Zero or More Times

What's wrong :Match Characters that Occur Zero or More Times

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

let chewieQuote = "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!";
let chewieRegex = /a*/i; // Change this line
let result = chewieQuote.match(chewieRegex);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/regular-expressions/match-characters-that-occur-zero-or-more-times

Your regex should not match any characters in “He made a fair move. Screaming about it can&#39t help you.”

Your pattern match any char ( match a 0 or more times, so it matches everything^^)

i still didn’t get you?

/a*/ match when a character occurs 0 or more times
It means that on the string string it matches 7 times;

• ``: it matches (a char occur 0 times);
  • s: it matches (a char occur 0 times);
  • st: it matches ( a char occur 0 times);
  • str: it matches (a char occur 0 times);
  • stri: it matches (a char occur 0 times);
  • strin: it matches (a char occur 0 times);
  • string: it matches (a char occur 0 times);

You are asked ( the last two conditions ) to not match any character in the statement they provide

I faced the same problem, but look carefully what the “chewieQuote” is!
Try writing to match this. it is simple though but like a quirk

I am trying to understand what you said but I still do not get a clue! Can you atleast give more explanations on this?

/a*/i this match a 0 or more times, if you want for it to match something specific you need to add some other things to match around it

Now that is the thing that is confusing me, I kinda fail to understand what is that thing that am suppose to add! Can you at least direct me to a lesson or challenge that can help me figure that out?

Now I get it:
The secret is in the “chewieQuote” , its a bit quirky but doable.

thanks, very helpful

This challenge is so unclear on what are we even supposed to do with it. I am not struggling with regex, but with the challenge behind it.