Where to store login info of a user

Hello,
I was wondering if I made a simple log in for my website, where would I be able to store it? Also, is there any way to inform the owner of the website of someone’s logging in (specific time and date) and potentially import that to excel as well?

Unfortunately I have very llittle experience. Could you direct me to some sources related to what I’m trying to do if it’s not too much to ask?

If you have very little experience, this may be difficult for you. How much experience do you have? Do you have any experience in a back end language?

Some of the FCC backend projects deal with these problems, storing them in MongoDB. There are also packages like passport that can handle it for you. I ended up building a simple one for my first backend app. I might suggest searching on youtube for “simple login” - there are plenty of people building simple login apps for many backend languages. But if you haven’t done backend before, there is going to be some work before you’re ready for something like that.

If you can, avoid this and use social login options (eg. google, twitter, github). Otherwise you’d be reinventing security, probably poorly …