Which should I choose

For summer I have to have some certification either for training or internship. Since I am not trying for internship( I couldn’t get any :sweat_smile:) , I am confused about my training. I am already doing front end stuff myself, have been learning advanced js for a while. l was thinking of learning backend. But the problem is I don’t know if I should pick PHP or python. I was thinking node.js but that is not possible in my hometown. Also I can’t gain certification online, that is just not valid in my university.

If you don’t want Node.JS I would probably say Python is a good choice. Why is Node.JS not possible in your hometown? Anyway, PHP is not ending, it’s just slowly become unused for projects; that doesn’t mean it’s not used for private projects or company projects. Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal, but also Magento and other solutions are all written in PHP, and they are not going anywhere, they are here to stay. So PHP is not a bad choice if you wish to do those things, but if you want to build new things or stay away from those platforms, Python is probably the best choice because it teaches you good semantics and rules, it has good syntax, it’s an easy starting language and it can be used on anything, not just the web.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!
I can’t find any institutes providing course for node.js here. And yeah I have been inclining towards python but my friends have been saying php. I don’t have any problem with both.