Which web-hosting is suitable?

After almost two months of coding in Freecodecamp, I would like to start my website where I wish to post my everyday learning small projects. Can any one advice me the cheap and best webhosting? I am thinking to buy from HostGator. I want suggestion from expert.

Thank you.

I’m not an expert, but I would suggest using Github to start. It’s free, and allows you to post public code. Additionally, it seems that knowing how to use & being active with GitHub is a positive for future job opportunities. I’d also like to know other options though; Is a self-host or Github-host better?

3 Likes

As @pjonp mentioned, but I’ve not used Github pages as I use an existing host (over four years), CINFU. Its shared hosting packages start at $0.66 USD per month for 1GB storage, but you also get plenty of e-mail addresses, PHP databases, unlimited data transfer and unlimited hosted domain names, unlike other providers that would restrict you to one hosted domain.
I would probably avoid those costly ‘unlimited’ disk space packages; I mean, they are selling stuff you’ll never use.

1 Like

The best way is to host on your own server, Oracle gives you 2 VMs always-free tier
I have setup a hosting server my own, its really fun and you will learn alot

1 Like