Whyyyyy isn't my navbar horizontal?

I have erased and re-coded since yesterday evening. Nothing is working. I even copied and pasted straight from code on other portfolios to see where I was going wrong.
Theirs was horizontal. Mine still was not!

What am I doing wrong?

1 Like
3 Likes

Thank you for this info. I seriously thought I was crazy!!

…maybe I am crazy because it’s still not horizontal :confused:

I wouldn’t say you are crazy :slight_smile:, but you forgot to remove the Bootstrap link in the CSS tab.

Also, everything you have in the <head> can be placed in the HTML tab under Stuff for <head>.

EDIT:
And most likely you will want to change this:

<div class="navbar-header">
    <div class="container-fluid">

To:

<div class="container-fluid">
    <div class="navbar-header">

I added it to the CSS tab because I thought that was the error - changing that now.

And I read that “container-fluid” should go below “navbar-header” buuuuuut that’s clearly wrong. Changing that now too.

I have been trying to fix this for HOURS. You are the best! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you! I was dealing with the same issue!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!
Sorry, my question is not related.
I was checking your code to make my nav bar horizontal too :grin: and I noticed you also coded , in my tribute page I didn’t do that. So should we do that in our portfolio pages?

1 Like

I’m sorry - I don’t think I understand your question…

You noticed I coded what exactly? If you mean navbar, I don’t have one on the tribute page so you don’t need one unless of course you just want to put one :slight_smile:

oh my god, I 'm so sorry, haha, I didn’t finish my sentence:sweat_smile:
I meant the head part, meta, script etc.
My question is do we have to code this part? I assumed that we didn’t have to so I didn’t code it.

Oh it’s no problem! And I think that helps with the way it displays on different devices, if I’m not mistaken.

I think you have all the freedom to code exactly how you’d like! I don’t think there’s one right way so if you find something that works, by all means stick with it. If there’s just something missing, insert the solution and stick with that :slight_smile:
I wish I could be more “yes” or “no” but I really don’t think there’s a concrete answer. Also, I’m new to this too, so if you find that I’m incorrect, let me know :wink: