@PortableStick I really appreciate all of the comments and advice!! I agree with all of them and took some time today after I got home from work to try and get through them all.
I was able to do most of them, including the toTitleCase, added the mongo-sanitize module, added another password box to double check it was typed as intended, changed the ability to add duplicate entries, fixed the sorting bug that allowed you to delete a poll you voted on instead of one owned by you, and added some instructions.
However, I still want to be able to initialize the poll with zero votes, and that is how I initially had it but the chart is invisible with zero votes (maybe I could use a bar chart instead). Also, I will work on having the user authenticate again when deleting a poll. As a quick fix I just wrote a warning that says that polls that are deleted are done so permanently.
Thanks again for the tips, it was great to have the opportunity to get more in depth on the project.