Wrong "Get a hint" (?): Functional Programming: Sort an Array Alphabetically using the sort Method

Hello Team! :slight_smile:

I 've just noticed that the code provided by FCC Guide for the following challenge (Sort an Array Alphabetically using the sort Method) doesn 't work, meaning that you cannot submit it and move on to the next challenge, as it seems not to be the correct one.

It seems (it has been posted lots of times in the Forum) that the following works:

function alphabeticalOrder(arr) {
  // Add your code below this line
  return arr.sort();
  // Add your code above this line
}
alphabeticalOrder(["a", "d", "c", "a", "z", "g"]);

However, it hasn 't been replaced until now.

It would be good for the following learners to fix this.

2 Likes

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

I know that there have been changes made to fix this challenge. Those changes are probably in QA right now. As long as there are no major issues with the current set of changes to the curriculum, there will probably be an update to FCC in a few weeks.

1 Like

2/8/19 still an issue :frowning:

I believe that a PR to change this has been made, but there is a process of integration, QA, and deployment before updates are released to the application.

Yeah no worries I ended passing it anyways. I checked the link you posted and I saw that it was being worked on should be updated soon. I just wanted to post an update in-case anyone has the same problem I had.

Hi, April 20, 2019 - the solution for “Get Hint” is still incorrect.

2 Likes

I also have the same problem

For the same reason.