djma777

djma777

I have loved computers (video games in particular – which made me very comfortable around tech) since I was 5 years old. I can remember the first day, I was brought in an arcade and played some fighting game - which was not Street Fighter - I couldn’t quite remember exactly what it was.

Fast forward, I’m an undergraduate of BS Psychology (financial difficulties). I chose the course initially because I wanted to learn human behavior and help people. As it turns I love creating behaviors too - coding - which also could help people.

I started FCC back in early 2016 (maybe late 2015 – not quite sure). I was looking for a ‘career’ to pursue without needing a college degree. First it was Digital Marketing. So I studied Google Analytics, Google Advertising, SEO, Social Media Marketing, etc. BUT, yes a big but. I felt something missing. Something BIG, something was creating all these, and I wanted that. Yeah, it was programming. So I looked it up, and I actually first found Codecademy, did a few courses in Web Development. Looked for more, found Udacity, learned Version Control there, and then FCC. At the time, there was only the HTML, CSS, and Javascript sections I believe. So after I finished that, I tried to go in deeper, I found out about frameworks, I tried Angular, but ended up with React because I find it to be more beginner friendly.

Another Fast Forward, I tried using CMS - WordPress, website builders, and stuff, but didn’t quite cut it since I’m aware of what’s under the hood. I want to have control over what I really create so, I came back to FCC, restarted my progress, and here I am. Very excited that they added so much more in the curriculum.