How I wish there was a documentation that shows me a detailed explanation of what's happening in a Hello World example.
Well. Instead of wishing, I started to craft a nice visual for my own and I hope this would help others as well.
Some basic explanations:
What is Node.js?
- An open source server environment.
Node.js uses asynchronous programming
- generate dynamic page content
- create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
- collect form data
- add, delete, and modify data in your database
Things you need to run this on your machine:
- Install VSCode: https://code.visualstudio.com/.
- Install Node.js: https://nodejs.org/en/.
- Create a file named
- Copy the code below.
- In your terminal, execute
- In your browser, type http://localhost:8080/ and hit Enter.