This course was developed by Frank Dvorak. Frank loves to demonstrate his creative coding experiments on his own YouTube channel, and now he is sharing some of his coolest experiments with the freeCodeCamp community.
The tutorial starts with a simple beginner friendly project, where you will learn to analyze an image for pixel data and use it to color shift the image and turn it into grayscale.
The course features four different projects. Here are the sections in the course:
Project 1: Introduction to pixel manipulation for beginners
- How to bring image into HTML canvas project
- How to analyze image for pixel data
- How to turn image into grayscale
Project 2: Black and white pixel rain using image data
- Connect particle movement to pixel data
Project 3: Pixel flow effects
- HTML canvas gradients, filters and other experiments
Project 4: Interactive particle text
- Creating particles
- Particle physics and mouse interactions
- How to shape particles as letters
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (2-hour watch).