When developers come together to exchange ideas, amazing things happen. — DevFest
Inspired by the shared vision of community building through technology, the GDG Warri Nigeria will, on October 6, 2018, host hundreds of developers (and aspiring developers) in a historic event — #DevFestWarri, a first of it’s kind in the city of Warri, Delta State, South of Nigeria.
#DevFestWarri will feature a variety of tech sessions — Web, Machine Learning, Diversity and Inclusion in Tech — which will suit the needs of every attendee!
If you are within the city of Warri, Delta State or South of Nigeria, and you are a developer (or aspiring), AI/ML enthusiast, a tech enthusiast, or even fascinated by technology, then you should RSVP here for a FREE entry ticket! You can join us for #DevFestWarri on Saturday October 6, 2018 at the Dandani hall, 128 Airport Road, Effurun-Warri, Delta State.
What is DevFest?
DevFests are community-led, developer events hosted by GDG chapters around the globe focused on community building and learning about technologies. Each DevFest is inspired by and uniquely tailored to the needs of the developer community and region that hosts it. — DevFest Official Website
Why you should attend?
What began this year in Warri, as a small community of developers — the GDG Warri — coming together for meetups has grown into a 440+ active membership strength. We’re now hosting the first and the largest developers festival in Delta State, Nigeria.
Attending the #DevFestWarri will inspire you to push beyond your limits, as you will be drawing on the wealth of knowledge being shared by some of the most amazing tech leaders and developers within the wider tech community.
You will meet other individuals with similar interests, and you’ll get to network and share knowledge. And perhaps you’ll even start the friendships that will not only make amazing things happen but also provide technological solutions to some of our local (and even global) challenges.
You will be inspired and you should attend!
A look at the line-up of speakers for #DevFestWarri
- Quincy Larson freeCodeCamp founder will join us to give a remote talk on Technical writing and creating compelling content around software development.
- Sarah Drasner, award winning speaker, writer and senior developer advocate, Microsoft, will join us remotely to give a talk on SVG.
- Charles Freeborn (that’s me *winks* ) will give the DevFest keynote. I am excited about this.
- Matthew Igho, software developer, Andela will join us onsite to speak on Progressive Web Apps — PWAs.
- Peace Ojemeh (Perrie) UI/UX designer, SugarLabs, will give a talk on Accessible Designs.
- Ada Nduka Oyom developer relations, Interswitch will give a talk on going serverless with Firebase cloud functions.
- Simona Cotin Cloud developer advocate, Microsoft, will give a remote talk on Building Scalable APIs using GraphQL and Serverless.
- Theodora Isola, Touchabl Pictures will speak onsite on Diversity and Inclusion in Tech.
- Olayinka Peter Oluwafemi, Software developer and community manager, Google Cloud Developer Community, Ado Ekiti, will speak on-site on Exploring Machine Learning With Google Vision API.
- Odumah Benjamin, Founder and Web developer, EluComputing will share on his journey into tech on #DevFestStories.
- Robert John, Google Developer Expert, Machine Learning will give a talk on Filter Explicit Images with Google Cloud Vision API.
- Aniedi Udo-Obong Developer relations, Sub Saharan Africa, Google, will give the closing remarks.
You can find the full program schedule here.
And Yes! Entry is FREE, thanks to our amazing sponsors
Hosting a developers festival of this magnitude is an undertaking, but we’re able to support FREE entry! And we are most thankful to our sponsors for the support given to us.
You can grab a last minute FREE entry ticket by RSVP’ing here to attend the #DevFestWarri tomorrow, October 6, 2018.