Most Android apps need to store data somewhere and the most common way to store data on Android is using a SQLite Database.
We have released a full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel all about using the SQLite Database with Android Studio. You will learn everything you need to know about SQLite by creating an Android app in Android Studio.
This course was developed by Shad Sluiter. Shad is a professor of Computer Science at Grand Canyon University. He has been teaching people about technology for over 20 years.
This course shows every step of programming a demo Android application that uses an SQLlite local database.
You will learn how to:
- create an SQLite local database on the Android device,
- configure new tables with the onCreate method,
- setup the columns and data types,
- extend the SQLiteHelper class,
- create CRUD methods in a DAO (Data Access Object) class,
- display results on a listview,
- and more.
Watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (2-hour watch).