Do you want to create a graphic user interface for your Python program? You should learn how to use Tkinter! Tkinter is the most common way to add GUIs to Python programs.
Tkinter provides an object-oriented interface to the Tk GUI toolkit that is built-in to Python. You don't even have to install anything extra to use Tkinter.
Tkinter makes it simple to create a GUI which handles user input and output. A GUI uses a form of object oriented programming called "event-driven." This means that the program responds to events, which are actions that a user takes.
Here is what the course covers:
- What is Tkinter?
- Positioning with Tkinter's Grid System
- Creating Buttons
- Creating Input Fields
- Building a Simple Calculator App
- Using Icons, Images, and Exit Buttons
- Building an Image Viewer App
- Adding a Status Bar
- Adding Frames
- Using Radio Buttons
- Adding Message Boxes
- Creating New Windows
- Opening Files Dialog Boxes
- Using Sliders
- Using Checkboxes
- Using Dropdown Menus
- Using Databases
- Building a GUI for a Database App
- Deleting a Record From a Database
- Updating a Record with SQLite
- Building a Weather App
- Using Matplotlib Charts
Watch the course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (5.5 hour watch).