API security is important for everyone, but especially if you are dealing with payment information.
We just posted a crash course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you about API security and how to address the pivotal PCI DSS 4.0 requirements.
PCI DSS stands for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. It is a set of security standards designed to ensure that all companies that accept, process, store, or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. As the PCI standard takes a definitive turn to spotlight API security for the first time, understanding its intricacies becomes crucial for businesses.
In this course you will dive in to decode what DSS 4.0 means for your organization, why APIs are now in the limelight of attackers, and gain invaluable insights into ensuring compliance.
Dan Barahona developed this course. Dan brings over 20 years of cybersecurity experience with executive leadership roles at various companies. Dan co-founded APIsec University with Corey Ball to help teach API security.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Introduction - Overview of the API Security for PCI Compliance course.
- Why API Security - Understand why APIs have become a primary target for attackers.
- PCI Overview - Review of the PCI standard, history and evolution.
- Data Security Standard - Examination of the DSS requirements and changes in 4.0.
- Reviewing the DSS Requirements - Detailed look at DSS sections and the implications for API security and compliance.
- Conclusion & Best Practices - Course summary, including best practices and do’s and don’ts.
Watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (1-hour watch).