Full stack web development includes the backend that happens on a server and the frontend that happens on a web browser. New tools are making it easier than ever to create a full stack web app.
We just published a full stack web development course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel. And the best part: it can all be done in a browser using Gitpod.
Mike Nikles developed this course. Mike is a senior developer at Gitpod and a great teacher.
Here are all the sections covered in this course:
- The Gitpod developer environment
- Project Overview
- Project Architecture
- Initialize the application
- Intro to SvelteKit
- Configure Gitpod
- Develop HTML structure
- Apply CSS styles
- Develop CRUD endpoints: GET and POST
- Develop CRUD endpoints: DELETE
- Develop CRUD endpoints: PATCH - Edit Text
- Develop CRUD endpoints: PATCH - Mark as Done
- Enhance HTML forms
- Install & start the dev database
- Use Prisma ORM
- Update API to use Prisma
- Deploy Database on Railway
- Deploy web app & API on Vercel
- Project review
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (7-hour watch).