Best Gitter channels: Node.js
The Node.js package ecosystem, npm, is the largest ecosystem of open source libraries in the world. We have a bunch of Node-related channels on Gitter — check them out & join the conversation!
- nodejs/node — Official Node.js chat rooms.
- gitterHQ/nodejs — A general chat about Node.
- linnovate/mean — MEAN is a framework for an easy starting point with MongoDB, Node.js, Express, and AngularJS based applications. It is designed to give you a quick and organized way to start developing MEAN based web apps with useful modules like Mongoose and Passport pre-bundled and configured.
- strongloop/loopback — LoopBack is an open source Node.js framework built on top of Express optimized for building APIs for mobile, web, and other devices. Connect to multiple data sources, write business logic in Node.js, glue on top of your existing services and data, connect using JS, iOS & Android SDKs. http://loopback.io
- balderdashy/sails — Sails.js is a web framework that makes it easy to build custom, enterprise-grade Node.js apps. It is designed to resemble the MVC architecture from frameworks like Ruby on Rails, but with support for the more modern, data-oriented style of web app development. It’s especially good for building realtime features like chat.
- hapijs/hapi — hapi is a simple to use configuration-centric framework with built-in support for input validation, caching, authentication, and other essential facilities for building web and services applications. hapi enables developers to focus on writing reusable application logic in a highly modular and prescriptive approach.
- webdriverio/webdriverio — WebdriverIO is a webdriver (browser automation) module for Node.JS. It makes it possible to write super easy Selenium tests in your favorite BDD/TDD test framework, that will run locally or in the cloud using Sauce Labs, BrowserStack or TestingBot. WebdriverIO is agnostic with regards to the test framework you want to use. Cucumber, Jasmine and Mocha+Chai are supported by the configuration wizard, and you can use other frameworks as well — for example Yadda.
- koajs/koa — Koa is an expressive, light-weight HTTP framework for node.js to make web applications and APIs more enjoyable to write. Koa requests flow through middleware in a stack-like manner, allowing you to perform actions downstream then filter and manipulate the response upstream. Koa’s use of generators also greatly increases the readability and robustness of your application.
- nodegit/nodegit — Native Node bindings to Git. http://www.nodegit.org/
- keystonejs/keystone — KeystoneJS is a powerful Node.js content management system and web app framework built on express and mongoose. Keystone makes it easy to create sophisticated web sites and apps, and comes with a beautiful auto-generated Admin UI.
- mongodb/node-mongodb-native — The official MongoDB driver for Node.js. Provides a high-level API on top of mongodb-core that is meant for end users.
- sass/node-sass — Node-sass is a library that provides binding for Node.js to LibSass, the C version of the popular stylesheet preprocessor, Sass. It allows you to natively compile .scss files to css at incredible speed and automatically via a connect middleware.
- NodeBB/NodeBB — NodeBB Forum Software is powered by Node.js and built on either a Redis or MongoDB database. It utilizes web sockets for instant interactions and real-time notifications. NodeBB has many modern features out of the box such as social network integration and streaming discussions, while still making sure to be compatible with older browsers. Additional functionality is enabled through the use of third-party plugins.
- restify/node-restify — restify is a framework, utilizing connect style middleware for building REST APIs. For full details, see http://restify.com
- nodecg/nodecg — NodeCG is a broadcast graphics framework and application. It is primarily aimed at Twitch broadcasters using Open Broadcaster Software, but is usable in any environment that can render HTML, including CasparCG. NodeCG is based on the overlay system developed for the Tip of the Hats 2014 charity event.
- glazedio/glazed — Glazed is an application boilerplate for rapid iteration of a minimal viable product. An opinionated yet simple framework http://glazed.io
- igorklopov/enclose — Compile your Node.js project into an executable.
- nodemailer/nodemailer — Send e-mails with Node.JS — easy as cake! http://nodemailer.com/
Did we miss an channel that you think should be featured? Drop us a line in the Gitter HQ and we will add it to the list.