We just published a course on the freeCodeCamp.org Youtube channel that will teach you how to craft a world entirely from the ground up. Dr. Radu Mariescu-Istodor created this course. He is a creative and popular instructor.
You can fill the virtual world with anything you like. Dr. Radu will demonstrate how to fill the world with self-driving cars. The primary focus will be on generating this dynamic world, with the integration of self-driving car code coming at the end. In this course, you'll acquire valuable skills, including mathematics, algorithms, programming, and design.
This course is technically a "Phase 2", coming after Dr. Radu's extremely popular self-driving car course. However, it is completely standalone and you don't have to watch the other course first.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Building a spatial graph from scratch and creating an editor with a dynamic viewport.
- Understanding the mathematics and logic behind user-friendly interfaces in modern software.
- Generating road borders, buildings, and trees using geometry and creating a 3D illusion.
- Implementing road markings to prepare for advanced self-driving challenges.
- Enhancing the world editor for user convenience and maximizing auto-generated content.
- Loading real-world data from openstreetmap for city-based simulations.
- Creating a minimap for navigation in expansive worlds.
Watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (6-hour watch).