MVC frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Laravel, and Angular are often used in web development. MVC stands for "Model View Controller" and is a common way to separate the main parts of an application.
And we've released a course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to build your own MVC framework from scratch using PHP.
The course will give you a better understanding of how these frameworks work under-the-hood.
The MVC framework you build in this course won't exactly be production-ready. But it will teach you how to apply these fundamental concepts toward your own web development projects.
This course is taught by veteran PHP developer Zura Sekhniashvili, known on YouTube as The Codeholic.
You can code along at home, and learn how to implement the following MVC framework features:
- Custom routing
- Views / Layouts
- Form widget classes
- Processing of request data
- Simple Active Record
- Session flash messages
- Application events
- Framework reusable / installable core
As you implement these features, you'll develop a firmer understanding of:
- How to work with file system
- How to work with databases
- How to use Abstraction in real projects
- How to implement custom routing
- How to install third party packages using composer
- How to create reusable composer packages
- and other important skills you can apply toward future software development projects.
Watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (6-hour watch).