Windows Task Manager is an advanced utility tool that helps you manage your apps that are running.
Task Manager lets you see which apps are open and which you're using. You can also see which apps are running in the background that you didn't open yourself.
One important reason that you might want to open Task Manager is to stop apps that are making windows unresponsive.
There are a few different ways to open Task Manager. So in this article, I will walk you through 7 ways you can open Task Manager on Windows 10.
1. How to Open Task Manager with Windows Search
The easiest way to find anything on a Windows machine is to search for it. Task Manager is not an exception.
- Click on the search icon then type "Task Manager" in the search bar.
- Task Manager will pop up as a search result, and you can open it from there.
2. How to Open Task Manager with Keyboard Shortcuts
Some apps might go rogue and stop Windows from responding, so you might not have access to Windows Search in such situations.
Windows has two different key combinations with which you can open up Task Manager in case you want to see running apps or stop an app.
- You can open Task Manager by pressing
Ctrl + Shift + Escall together. This opens Task Manager straightaway
- You can also open Task Manager from the GINA screen by pressing and holding
Ctrl + Alt + Del.
Some apps might prevent you from accessing Task Manager with Ctrl + Shift + Esc, but pressing
Ctrl + Alt + Del will always open up the Graphical Identification and Authentication (GINA) screen for you so you can select and open Task Manager from there.
3. How to Open Task Manager through the Control Panel
You can use the Control Panel search option to open Task Manager.
Type "Task Manager" in the search bar and you will see a link to Task Manager under "System".
4. How to Open Task Manger through the Start Menu
A lot of people prefer opening apps from the start menu. You can open Task Manager from there too.
- Click on the Windows icon, or press the
WINKey on the keyboard.
- Scroll to the bottom and open up the Windows system folder
- Task Manager will be shown alongside some other apps – just select it there to open it.
5. How to Open Task Manager with the Run Command
Many apps and folders can be opened with the run dialogue on Windows 10. There's a command for opening Task Manager from there too.
- Press the
WIN + Rkeys on the keyboard to open the run dialogue
- Type "taskmgr" and click "Ok" to open the Task Manager.
6. How to Open Task Manager from the Taskbar
You can open the Task Manager from Taskbar too.
Right-click on an empty space in the taskbar then select "Task Manager".
7. How to Open Task Manager from the Windows Power User Menu
In addition to the 6 methods we've already seen, you can open Task Manager by right-clicking in the Windows logo and then selecting "Task Manager" from the menu that pops up.
You can also get there by pressing and holding the
Win + X keys on the keyboard and then selecting “Task Manager” from the menu.
Windows Task Manager is a very powerful tool that can greatly increase your productivity. With it, you can see which apps are running and stop those that are causing issues.
In this article, you've learned about several ways to open Task Manager on Windows 10 so you can have a better experience using it.
Thank you for reading, and have a nice time.