If you want to get into the growing field of cyber security and ethical hacking, you are going to need to understand how to use Linux.
We just released a free course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you all the common Linux skills used in cyber-security and ethical hacking.
HackerSploit created this course. He runs one of the most popular cyber-security channels on YouTube. In this course, he uses the Pareto principle (The 20:80 Rule) to teach the 20% you need to know to be efficient with Linux.
Here are the sections covered in this course:
- Useful keyboard Shortcuts
- File Management & Manipulation
- File & Directory Permissions
- File & Directory Ownership
- grep & piping
- Finding Files With Locate
- Enumerating Distribution & Kernel Information
- Find + OverTheWire Bandit Challenge
- Shells & Bash Configuration
- Disk Usage
- File Compression & Archiving With tar
- Users And Groups & Permissions With Visudo
- Networking (ifconfig, netstat & netdiscover)
- TOR & Proxychains
- Service And Process Management (HTOP & systemctl)
- SSH And SSH Security
- Curl Fundamentals
- UFW Firewall (Uncomplicated Firewall)
- How To Clear Tracks & Logs On Linux
- SSH Brute Force Protection With Fail2Ban
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (5-hour watch).