The MERN stack is a set of technologies often used to build full stack web apps.
We just released a crash course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to create full stack apps with the MERN stack.
In this comprehensive course, we will take you step by step through the process of building a Book Store project using the MERN stack – MongoDB, Express.js, React, and Node.js. Whether you're a newcomer to web development or an experienced developer looking to expand your skill set, this course is designed to provide you with practical insights and hands-on experience with some of the most popular technologies in the web development world.
Here is what each technology in the MERN stack is for:
- MongoDB: The NoSQL database will handle data storage and retrieval for our Book Store application.
- Express.js: As our backend framework, Express.js will help us manage routing, handling HTTP requests, and setting up APIs.
- React: The frontend will be built using React, allowing us to create dynamic user interfaces with reusable components.
Additionally, we will incorporate Tailwind CSS to create a visually appealing and responsive user interface.
The course is organized to guide you through various aspects of the MERN stack and the development process. You'll start from scratch and build a complete CRUD application, exploring both backend and frontend development.
The course covers an array of topics, including but not limited to:
- Backend CRUD operations
- Backend routing using Express.js
- Handling CORS policy in Node.js and Express.js
- Working with MongoDB and mongoose
- Frontend CRUD operations
- Setting up a single-page application with React
- Utilizing React Router DOM for navigation
- Building reusable components
- Enhancing user experience with beautiful alerts
The course is divided into these segments to ensure a smooth learning experience:
- Introduction and project overview
- Setting up Node.js project from scratch
- Creating HTTP routes with Express.js
- Integrating MongoDB and mongoose
- Designing the Book model and performing CRUD operations
- Implementing React project with Vite and Tailwind CSS
- Building a Single Page Application (SPA) with React Router DOM
- Displaying a list of books and their details in React
- Enabling creation, editing, and deletion of books in React
- Improving user experience with modals and alerts
So what are you waiting for? Watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (1-hour watch).