SQLite is a very easy to use database engine included with Python. SQLite is open source and is a great database for smaller projects, hobby projects, or testing and development.
We've released a full video course to help you learn the basics of using SQLite3 with Python. You’ll learn how to create databases and tables, add data, sort data, create reports, pull specific data, and more. The course is taught by John Elder from Codemy.com.
For this course you should already have a basic knowledge of Python programming, but you don’t need to know anything at all about databases or SQLite.
In this course, you will learn:
- what is a database
- how to install Python
- how to install git bash terminal
- how to use sqlite in a Python program
- how to connect to database in Python
- how to create a database
- how to create a table
- how to insert one record into table
- how to insert many records into table
- understanding data types
- how to select data from table
- how to format your results
- how to use the where clause
- how to use the like clause and wildcards
- how to use AND and OR
- how to update records
- how to limit and order results
- how to delete records
- how to delete (drop) a table and backups
- and more!
At the end of the course you will learn how to build a very basic app to help reinforce all the things from the course.
You can watch the video course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (1.5 hour watch).