Here are a few reasons to stay home this New Year’s Eve:
- It’s the worst day of the year for fatal drunk driving deaths
- It’s crowded
- It’s freaking cold
And most importantly, if you go out, you’ll miss #Open2017.
#Open2017 is a 4-hour interactive live stream — for developers, by developers.
We’ll get started one hour before the ball drops in New York City, then continue streaming until midnight in San Francisco.
That’s right — we’re going to ring in the new year 4 times — each time with exciting new guests:
- Jeff Atwood co-founded Stack Overflow and Discourse, and runs the popular Coding Horror blog.
- Sarah Drasner teaches web animation through her web animation workshops and CSS Tricks.
- Anil Dash is a blogger, serial entrepreneur, and the new CEO of Fog Creek Software (GoMix).
- Kyle Simpson is the author of You Don’t Know JS.
- Preethi Kasireddy is a venture-capitalist-turned-software-engineer. You may have seen some of her writing here on Medium.
- Jeff Meyerson is the host of Software Engineering Daily.
- Alexander Kallaway is a web developer and the creator of #100DaysOfCode.
- Tyler McGinnis is creator of ReactTraining.com.
- Ben Halpern is the creator of @ThePracticalDev.
- Haseeb Qureshi is a software engineer at AirBnB.
- Bill Sourour is founder of DevMastery.com.
- Shubheksha maintains of How to Contribute to Open Source.
- Heather Kusmierz oversees our front end curriculum.
- Mrugesh Mohapatra is a software engineer and core contributor to our open source project.
- Justin Richardson is a front end developer and oversees our 1,500 local study groups.
- Jackson Bates moderates our forum.
- Catherine Kim leads one of our local study groups.
Together, our community will recap 2016, talk about tech, and explore what coding will be like in 2017.
The entire event will be free and open to all.
If you want to tune in and participate in our live chat, you can:
- Add #Open2017 to your calendar (if you use Google Calendar it’s as simple as clicking this link).
- Subscribe to our community’s YouTube channel so you’ll get an email notification when we start streaming.
- Tweet about it.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to read this. If you liked it, click the ? below so other people will see this here on Medium.