Think of the most boring task you’ve ever done. Chances are, you can automate it with Python!
We just published a Python automation course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel.
Frank Andrade created this course. Frank is a data scientist and experienced teacher.
In this course you will learn how to automate boring and repetitive tasks such as creating an Excel report, sending text messages, extracting tables from websites, interacting with websites, and more. You will learn how to use a few different Python libraries to help with automation such as Path, Selenium, XPath, and more.
Here are the projects and sections covered in this course:
- Extract Tables from Websites
- Extract CSV Files from Websites
- Extract Tables from PDFs
Web Automation & Web Scraping
- HTML Basics - Tags and Elements
- HTML Basics - Tree Structure
- XPath - Syntax, Functions and Operators
- XPath - Test Your XPath
- XPath - Special Characters and Syntax
Automate The News
- Installing Selenium and ChromeDriver
- Creating The Driver
- Finding Elements
- Exporting Data to a CSV File
- Headless mode
- Preparing Script to Be Run Everyday
- Convert py to exe
- Schedule Python Script with crontab (macOS)
Automate Excel Report
- Create a Pivot Table with Python
- Add a Bar Chart
- Write Excel Formulas with Python
- Format Cells
- Convert Pivot Table to Excel Report
- Generate Excel Reports with One Click (py to exe)
- Create an Automation Script for WhatsApp
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (3-hour watch).