Best Gitter channels on: Go
Go, also known as Golang, is a open-source programming language developed at Google in 2007 by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike and Ken Thompson.
Originally intended as a descendent of C++ for the 21st century, Golang is characterized by fast compilation, easier syntax, and an efficient garbage collection. It’s a clean, fast, typed language that is particularly strong for web development.
Here’s a list of Go-related communities that we’re hosting on Gitter. Feel free to join the conversation.
- docker/docker — Docker is an open source project to pack, ship and run any application as a lightweight container. Docker containers are both hardware-agnostic and platform-agnostic. Docker began as an open-source implementation of the deployment engine which powered dotCloud, a popular Platform-as-a-Service. It benefits directly from the experience accumulated over several years of large-scale operation and support of hundreds of thousands of applications and databases.
- drone/drone — Drone is a Continuous Delivery platform built on Docker, written in Go. Every build is executed inside an ephemeral Docker container, giving developers complete control over their build environment with guaranteed isolation.
- minio/minio — Minio is an object storage server compatible with Amazon S3 and licensed under Apache 2.0 License.
- gogits/gogs — The goal of this project is to make the easiest, fastest, and most painless way of setting up a self-hosted Git service.
- google/gxui — An experimental Go cross platform UI library.
- spf13/hugo — A Fast and Flexible Static Site Generator built with love in GoLang
- Go-lang-idea-plugin — Google Go language IDE built using the IntelliJ Platform https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/5047
- gin-gonic/gin — Gin is a HTTP web framework written in Go (Golang). It features a Martini-like API with much better performance — up to 40 times faster.
- labstack/echo — Fast and unfancy HTTP server framework for Go (Golang). Up to 10x faster than the rest. https://echo.labstack.com
- influxdata/influxdb — Open source time series database with no external dependencies. It’s useful for recording metrics, events, and performing analytics.
- aws/aws-sdk-go — aws-sdk-go is the official AWS SDK for the Go programming language.
- FreeCodeCamp/go — If you’re a beginner, this is the best place to discuss Go and get help with it.
- derekparker/delve — Delve is a debugger for the Go programming language.
- CodisLabs/codis — Codis is a proxy based high performance Redis cluster solution written in Go. It is production-ready and widely used at many companies.
- blevesearch/bleve — Modern text indexing in Go.
- go-mangos/mangos — Package mangos is an implementation in pure Go of the SP (“Scalable Protocols”) protocols.
- linkeddata/gold — gold is a reference Linked Data Platform server for the Solid platform. Written in Go, based on initial work done by William Waites.
Did we miss an channel that you think should be featured? Drop us a line in the Gitter HQ and we will add it to the list.