Best Gitter channels on: Scala
Scala is an object-oriented functional language that has gained wide acceptance in developer communities for many of its merits. These include runtime performance & stability, developer productivity, access to libraries, ease of learning, use for both static and dynamic language coders. It also has good libraries and language facilities for building concurrent and distributed applications.
We have plenty of channels on Gitter dedicated to Scala — dive in & enjoy!
- scala/scala — Channel dedicated to the Scala programming language http://www.scala-lang.org/.
- akka/akka — Channel for all Akka enthusiasts — newbies as well as gurus — for the exchange of knowledge and the coordination of efforts around Akka.
- playframework/playframework — Play Framework combines productivity and performance making it easy to build scalable web applications with Java and Scala. Play is developer friendly with a “just hit refresh” workflow and built-in testing support. With Play, applications scale predictably due to a stateless and non-blocking architecture.
- typelevel/cats — Cats is a library which provides abstractions for functional programming in Scala. The name is a playful shortening of the word category. Cats is currently available for Scala 2.10 and 2.11.
- milessabin/shapeless — Shapeless is a type class and dependent type based generic programming library for Scala. It has evolved from being a resolutely experimental project into library which, while still testing the limits of what’s possible in Scala, is being used widely in production systems.
- slick/slick — Slick is a modern database query and access library for Scala. It allows you to work with stored data almost as if you were using Scala collections while at the same time giving you full control over when a database access happens and which data is transferred.
- twitter/finatra — Channel dedicated to Finatra — fast, testable, Scala services built on Twitter-Server and Finagle.
- gitbucket/gitbucket — A Git platform powered by Scala with easy installation, high extensibility & github API compatibility.
- functional-streams-for-scala/fs2 — Channel dedicated to a compositional, streaming I/O library for Scala.
- japgolly/scalajs-react — Lifts Facebook’s React library into Scala.js and endeavours to make it as type-safe and Scala-friendly as possible.
- lihaoyi/ Ammonite— Ammonite enables shell-like scripting in the Scala programming language. It is made of a few subprojects:Ammonite-REPL: A Modernized Scala REPL, with tons of bug fixes and features, Ammonite-Ops: A Scala Library for convenient, rock-solid Filesystem Operations, Ammonite-Shell: A modern replacement for the Bash system shell.
- http4s/http4s — A minimal, idiomatic Scala interface for HTTP http://http4s.org/
- ensime/ensime-server — Developer chat for ENSIME, which brings Scala and Java IDE-like features to a text editor.
- spray/spray — spray is an open-source toolkit for building REST/HTTP-based integration layers on top ofScala and Akka: lightweight, asynchronous, non-blocking, actor-based, testable.
- scodec/scodec — Channel dedicated to scodec, a suite of Scala libraries for working with binary data.
- scalatra/scalatra — Scalatra is a simple, accessible and free web micro-framework, inspired by Sinatra. It combines the power of the JVM with the beauty and brevity of Scala, helping you quickly build high-performance web sites and APIs.
- monixio/monix — Reactive Programming for Scala and Scala.js (former Monifu). https://monix.io
- scalajp/public — Japanese channel dedicated to Scala.
- dev-ua/scala — Ukrainian developers channel dedicated to Scala.
Did we miss an channel that you think should be featured? Drop us a line in the Gitter HQ and we will add it to the list.