Best Gitter channels: PHP
PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. Created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994, PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page.
The strengths of PHP are its pragmatic APIs, good documentation, and easy deployment. However, many developers ask themselves whether PHP is still worth learning today due to the inconsistencies in its design.
According to W3Tech Web Technology Surveys, PHP is used by 82.2% of all the websites whose server-side programming language we know, and learning it could surely help you to know more about programming in general.
Check out those PHP-related channels on Gitter and join the conversation:
- laravel/laravel — A PHP Framework For Web Artisans.
- composer/composer — Dependency Manager for PHP. https://getcomposer.org/
- deployphp/deployer — A deployment tool written in PHP with support for popular frameworks out of the box https://deployer.org
- Sylius/Sylius — eCommerce PHP framework built on top of Symfony with component-based architecture and format-agnostic rendering.
- flarum/flarum — Delightfully simple open-source forum software built with PHP and Mithril.js.
- phpunit — The PHP Unit Testing framework.
- nette/nette— Nette Framework is a popular tool for PHP web development.
- monstra-cms/monstra — Monstra is a modern and lightweight Content Management System.
- Block8/PHPCI — PHPCI is a free and open source continuous integration tool specifically designed for PHP.
- Codeception/Codeception — Codeception is a modern full-stack testing framework for PHP.
- Behat/Behat — Behat is a BDD framework for PHP to help you test business expectations.
- PHPOffice/PHPExcel — A pure PHP library for reading and writing spreadsheet files
- PHP-DI/PHP-DI — The dependency injection container meant to be practical, powerful, and framework-agnostic.
- rocketeers/rocketeer — Rocketeer is a modern PHP task runner and deployment package. It is inspired by the Laravel Framework philosophy and thus aims to be fast, elegant, and more importantly easy to use.
- appserver-io/appserver — A multithreaded application server for PHP, written in PHP.
- ruflin/Elastica — Elastica is a PHP client for elasticsearch.
Did we miss something? Do you want us to feature your PHP channel? Drop us a line in the Gitter HQ and we will add it to the list.
You can also easily start your own channel here.