Best Gitter channels: Python & Django
Python is a dynamic, object-oriented language that combines combines remarkable power with very clear syntax.Python is relatively easy to learn, available everywhere, and embraced by the industry. It is also one of the most popular languages for those learning to code.The name “Python” is reported to come from Monty Python’s Flying Circus!
Django is a free and open source web application framework, written in Python. Django is an extremely widely used framework, and part of what makes is so powerful is the ability to be extended with ‘app’ plugins, as well as the availability of various packages.
Check out the Python & Django channels available on Gitter:
- django/django — Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
- sympy/sympy — A computer algebra system written in pure Python. http://sympy.org/
- pydata/pandas — Flexible and powerful data analysis / manipulation library for Python, providing labeled data structures similar to R data.frame objects, statistical functions, and much more http://pandas.pydata.org
- Tornado — Tornado is a Python web framework and asynchronous networking library, originally developed at FriendFeed.http://www.tornadoweb.org/
- Axelrod-Python/Axelrod — A research tool to run Iterated Prisoner’s Dilemma tournaments http://axelrod.readthedocs.org/
- DjangoGirls/tutorial — This is a tutorial we are using for Django Girls workshops.
- viewflow/django-material — Material Design for django forms and admin. Template-driven.
- potatolondon/djangae — Djangae (djan-gee) is a Django app that allows you to run Django applications on Google App Engine, including (if you want to) using Django’s models with the App Engine Datastore as the underlying database.The best way to run Django on Google App Engine http://djangae.org
- lazzaro/django-scheduler — A calendar app for Django (in progress refactor of https://github.com/thauber/django-schedule)
- django-silk/silk — Silk is a live profiling and inspection tool for the Django framework. Silk intercepts and stores HTTP requests and database queries before presenting them in a user interface for further inspection.
- kmmbvnr/django-fsm — django-fsm adds simple declarative states management for django models.
- mariocesar/sorl-thumbnail — Thumbnails for Django
Did we miss an channel that you think should be featured? Drop us a line in the Gitter HQ and we will add it to the list.