It is estimated that there are 24 million eCommerce websites on the internet. Do you want to learn how to make one more?
We just published a course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to create an e-commerce website using Django and Vue.
This course was developed by CodeWithStein. He has created many great tutorials on his YouTube channel and we wanted to bring him to a wider audience.
In the course, you'll use the Django Rest Framework to build the API and backend and Vue to create a separate frontend. You'll implement payments with Stripe.
Here are the sections covered in this course:
- Install and setup (Django)
- Install and setup (Vue)
- Include Font Awesome
- How to set up the base template
- How to create the Django app and models for products
- How to create the serializer and views for the products
- How to create a simple front page (latest products)
- How to view a product
- How to set up Vuex / State
- How to make it possible to add to cart
- How to implement a loading bar
- How to set the document title (All pages)
- How to make it possible to view a category
- How to add search functionality
- How to view cart
- How to change the contents of the cart (Increment/Decrement content, Remove from cart)
- How to enable sign up
- How to enable log in
- How to create a simple my account page
- How to proceed to checkout (Authentication)
- How to create a simple success page
- How to show my orders on the my account page
- How to deploy Django
- How to deploy Vue (Generate files locally, Send files to server, Set up NGINX virtual host)
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (3-hour watch).