WordPress is one of the most popular–and easiest–ways to create a website or blog.
People can make all kinds of websites with WordPress. Some popular types include business websites, eCommerce sites, portfolios, and blogs.
We just published a course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to use WordPress to easily create responsive blogs and websites using a drag and drop interface.
I created this course. I've also created many other popular WordPress courses on the freeCodeCamp.org channel. This is the first one that focusses on creating a blog.
You don't need any prior experience to follow along and there is no coding involved.
There are many reasons to make a WordPress blog, but some of the most common reasons include: sharing ideas and thoughts with the world, building a personal brand, promoting a business, and making money through blogging.
The course demonstrates how to use Elementor and a template to make it super quick to make a blog.
Here are the sections in this course:
- Setting up Hosting and Domain
- Installing WordPress
- WordPress Dashboard and Initial Settings
- Installing WordPress Theme
- Overview of Website
- Customizing Title
- Using Elementor to Edit Page
- Adding Images
- Customizing Website Elements
- Updating Site Menu and Categories
- Customizing Blog / Archive
- Customizing Single Blog Post
- Adding New Blog Post
- Customizing About and Contact Page
- Setting Up Website Forms Using WPForms
- Making URLs Look Better
- Updating Site for Responsive Design
- Updating Footer
- Creating New Pages
- Improving SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (1.5-hour watch).