Data Analysis is an in-demand field. We are hosting a free 6-week live course on our YouTube channel, starting Saturday, August 15th at 8:30 AM PST.
In this beginner-friendly course, called "Data Analysis with Python: Zero to Pandas", you will be able to ask questions live and build real world projects. You will get a coding-first introduction to data analysis. The course is taught using live interactive Jupyter notebooks and you will be able to follow along and experiment while learning all the key data analysis concepts.
This course is taught in by Aakash N S. He is the co-founder and CEO of Jovian.ml, a project management and collaboration platform for machine learning. Aakash will be teaching both an English and Hindi version of the course.
Participants will receive weekly assignments and work on a project with real-world datasets to test their skills.
The course is divided into 5 modules, and will be taught over 5 weeks via video lectures and interactive Jupyter notebooks. Each lecture will be around 2 hours long.
Lesson 1: Python & Jupyter Fundamentals
- Installation and setup - Python & Jupyter
- Jupyter notebook & Lab walkthrough
- Types, variables, statements & expressions
- Functions, exceptions & scope
Assignment 1 - Python Practice
- Solve word problems using variables & arithmetic operations
- Manipulate data types using methods & operators
- Use branching and iterations to translate ideas into code
- Explore the documentation and get help from the community
Lesson 2: Numpy for data processing
- Numpy arrays
- Numpy: advanced topics
Assignment 2 - Numpy Practice
- Explore different ways to create Numpy arrays
- Manipulate, aggregate and combine arrays
- Apply broadcasting & vectorization techniques
- Explore Numpy docs and write a blog post
Lesson 3: Pandas for working with tabular data
- Merging, Grouping & Joining
Assignment 3 - Pandas Practice
- Read and write different file types using Pandas data frames
- Manipulate rows, columns, empty values in data frames
- Merge, join and query data from multiple data frames
- Explore interoperability between Numpy & Pandas
Lesson 4: Visualization with Matplotlib and Seaborn
- Basic visualization with Matplotlib
- Beautiful visualizations with Seaborn
- Plotting directly from Pandas
- Other libraries: Plotly, Bokeh, Folium etc.
Lesson 5: Exploratory Data Analysis: A Case Study
- Working with Images using PIL
- Loading a dataset with Pandas
- Operations with numpy
- Visualization with Matplotlib & Seaborn
Course Project - Exploratory Data Analysis
- Find a real-world dataset of your choice online
- Use Numpy & Pandas to parse, clean & analyze data
- Use Matplotlib & Seaborn to create visualizations
- Ask and answer interesting questions about the data
Certificate of Completion
Participants who register for the course and make valid submissions for all assignments will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion by Jovian.ml. Selected projects will also be receive a Best Project Award based on evaluation criteria determined by the instructors.
You can enroll in the course here: http://zerotopandas.com