Almost half of all games are created using the Unity game engine. Unity is great for both new and experienced game developers.
We just published a 7-hour course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to create games using Unity. This is the perfect course for a complete beginner.
Fahir from AwesomeTuts developed this course. He has been creating Unity tutorials for years and he knows exactly what beginners need to know.
The course starts with teaching how to install Unity, an overview of using Unity, and the basics of C#. Then you will learn how to create a complete game from start-to-finish. And all the assets you need are included for free—just check the links in the video description.
Here are all the sections in this course:
- Downloading Unity And Unity Hub
- About Unity Versions And Creating A New Project
- Introduction To Unity's Interface
- Starting With Unity's Basics
- Rigid Bodies And Colliders
- Audio Source And UI Elements
- Moving Our Character With Code
- Introduction To Variables
- Operations With Variables
- Conditional Statements
- Accessibility Modifiers(Data Encapsulation)
- Getting Components
- Monster Chase Game Intro
- Importing Assets
- Creating Player Animations
- Sorting Layers And Order In Layer
- Creating The Game Background
- Player Movement
- Animating The Player Via Code
- Player Jumping
- Camera Follow Player
- Enemy Animations
- Enemy Script
- Enemy Spawner
- Enemy Collision
- The Collector Script
- Unity's UI System
- Creating Main Menu
- Navigating Between Scenes
- Selecting A Character
- Static Variables
- Singleton Pattern
- Events And Delegates
- Instantiating The Selected Character
- Finishing Our Game
You can watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (7-hour watch).