By the end of this course, you will understand the fundamentals of Node.js and should be comfortable writing code for Node.js.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- Getting Node
- What is Node? What is V8? What’s a REPL?
- Node’s CLI and process environment
- Executing files with Node
- Modules wrapping and exports/require
- Modules caching and APIs
- ECMAScript modules in Node
- Using Node/npm packages
- Publishing packages
- Cleanup and global modules
- package.json scripts, npx, and prod/dev dependencies
- Creating a web server with built-in http
- Creating a web server with express
- Require vs import vs import()
- Watching files for change in development
- Callbacks and promises
- Events and streams
- Clusters and PM2
- Other core libraries in Node
- Debugging Node applications
You can watch the full video course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (3 hour watch).