Top tech industry giants are leveraging AI technology in multiple ways. Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, Google, and Apple have been aggressively acquiring this technology.
So, what exactly makes AI so popular in the tech industry?
Do you know the role of AI in web development?
What is the future of AI?
How does it impact the web development process? Does it boost revenue generation?
I am pretty sure that all these questions are running through your mind right now. To help answer them, I have showcased all the important benefits of AI in this write-up. So, read this blog carefully and you'll know AI's importance and role in 2020.
The Role of AI in Society
AI has been showcased in movies that have captivated viewers. The way it portrays the future of our world have often converted into reality today. AI's impact has, essentially, redefined modern life.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence are spreading throughout the world of tech and will continue to do so in the coming years. This has a direct impact on web development and design. Below, I've stated the role of AI in brief.
The role of AI can be summarized as follows:
- It is an essential technology in the modern world that is built upon the assumption that you can“Let the Machine Play Your Role”. For example, production, recycling, development, design, transportation, infrastructure production and more can be controlled by machines instead of humans.
- It emphasizes the development of smart and intelligent machines that act like humans. For example, an AI-enabled machine can help a doctor identify diseases from an image, it can control both air and ground traffic, and so on.
- It boosts user-experience by creating strong human connections by improving social listening, data analysis, and facial recognition. This allows companies to know their customers' behavior at an advanced and intimate level.
- It’s inbuilt with virtual robots and innovative technology to provide efficient functioning just like humans. For example, the Amazon Echo, popularly called Alexa, a virtual assistant developed by Amazon.
Know the Future of Artificial Intelligence
AI is the hottest piece of technology in the world right now. According to tech experts, AI will impact nearly 90% of customer communication in the coming few years.
Listed below are some points that back up the rosy future of AI:
- The adoption of AI will change the nature of work in all business industries. For example, from Flippy the robot hamburger chef to Bingo Box – both have completely unmanned the operations in China. And of course there's Amazon Go, the cashier-less supermarket. According to IBM, 85% of retail and 79% of consumer products aim to use AI to plan supply chains by 2021.
- When a business and its customers interact, AI will start to help in different and more advanced ways. It will complete predictive analysis on the data assembled from social media, web matrices and system matrices. All this can help in creating quality products and services.
- More and more enterprises will use AI to improve the user experience of their sites. UX features can improve the user's experience with websites and apps.
AI In Web Development
Today, having a website is mandatory for all business niches in the market. And AI is playing a vital role in reshaping web design and development.
According to a Statista report, the revenue generation from AI is expected to reach $126 Billion in 2025.
From healthcare, manufacturing, and hotels to every digital service, AI rules everywhere. This is because many web development companies have started developing AI-enabled sites.
Essential facts about the internet that are vital for every online entrepreneur
- There are 4.54 billion global users in 2020, equaling 50% penetration.
- 38% of people leave a website if the content or layout is unattractive.
- 75% of customers decide a business’s credibility based on its website design.
- Users take 0.5 seconds to form an opinion about a website.
- 88% of online customers are less likely to come back due to a bad user experience.
All these factors suggest that billions of customers decide a business's credibility based on web design and user-friendly site interfaces.
AI has even become an indispensable part of the web development world. Want to know how and why? Then let's take a closer look at its significant contributions to the web development platform below.
How AI Contributes to Web Development
Chatbots — Better Reply Predictions
The primary use of AI in chatbots is to increase business sales with better reply predictions. As we know, chatbots predict the correct reactions and responses to users' queries.
AI techniques like data encryption, behavior analysis, and multi-factor authentication power chatbot communication with utmost security. Similarly, the technology can be used to develop advanced websites or web-enabled devices to connect human behavior with technology in a powerful way.
In the digitized era, industries follow a customer-centric approach to drive profit and gain competitive advantages. The customer experience has become the epicenter of the modern business world.
While tech advancements are driving consumer behavior, artificial intelligence has brought a unique momentum and has become the transformation champion.
It has some advanced UX features that a developer can implement and improve a sites’s UX/UI experience.
The sites powered with AI can identify the customer's needs in a better way. Both cognitive analysis and environments are the best way to develop an influential website. It provides a better understanding of your prospective customers and how they feel about your products and services.
Additionally, you can perform statistical analysis to predict the user's experience on your site. In this way, errors are reduced and you get the desired value and user experience from the market.
Most importantly, AI-enabled websites can process information and data on any scale to serve end users according to their interests in the right way.
Rise In Demand For Voice-Based Search
After the launch of Google Assistant in 2016, voice-based search prevailed in the market. The credit goes to AI technology that works on your voice's command.
Real-world examples of virtual assistants such as Siri, Alexa, Google Home, and Cortana use AI to recognize and respond to voice commands.
The core idea behind its implementation is the facilitation of customer experience. They find it more convenient to speak to and search on the web.
As a web developer, voice search adaptability is an essential accessory for your toolkit if you want to rule the future market. And if we check the stats then 58% of consumers are already using voice search features to find information on local businesses.
Here, AI turns into a critical element of web development in providing consistent voice communication between the customer and websites. In the near future, every business will invest in it.
This is where AI applies Machine Learning, and both collaborate to make marketing predictions. These predictions provide the following insights:
- What are customers planning to buy next?
- Which products do customers not like?
- What are the mediums and devices that customers use to browse your site?
- What is the customer's ideal time to shop for your products?
Owing to the above points, we can say that AI bridges the gap between customers and businesses. AI technology is something that marketers must adopt in their marketing analytics techniques to achieve better results and, possibly, increases the business’s ROI.
As you can see, AI should be used frequently in web development for better results. Machine learning programs enabled with AI help you develop an excellent site that serves multiple purposes for your company, and help you gain traction with your users.
This means that developers need to put in a great amount of effort, as AI has become a highly in-demand technology around the web world. Hire a web developer and get an advanced site enabled with AI - your business will thank you.