It is simple and easy to make a website using WordPress.
WordPress is by far the most popular way to make a website. It is used by 40% of ALL websites. And best of all, WordPress is free to use.
We just published a course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to create a website using WordPress.
This course is perfect for beginners. By the end of the course you will know how to make many different types of websites and how to customize them.
First, you will learn how to do the initial setup. This includes getting a domain name, getting hosting, and installing Wordpress.
Hostinger provided a grant to make this course possible. You will learn how to set up the website hosing using Hostinger. And they even provided our viewers with a discount code that you can find in the video description.
After getting WordPress installed, you will learn how to setup the installation and customize it for your purposes. You may want to make the website into a blog, an e-commerce site, or a website for a local business. You will learn how you can easily customize it for whatever your use-case is. You will learn how to update the design, add images, use custom colors, and more.
Here are all the topics covered in this course:
- What is WordPress?
- Getting a domain name and hosting from Hostinger
- Using a domain from a different company with Hostinger
- Understanding hosting dashboard
- Installing WordPress
- Logging into WordPress admin dashboard
- Uninstalling default plugins
- Dashboard overview
- Updating Wordpress
- Adding and modifying users
- Updating Permalinks
- Installing a WordPress theme (OceanWP)
- Installing plugins
- Installing a demo template
- Backing up WordPress website
- Begin customizing website
- Creating custom logo
- Update website general colors
- Adding favicon
- Begin editing website content
- Adding custom element with Elementor
- Editing text on website
- Updating links
- Changing colors of individual elements
- Adding pictures
- Updating layout and look
- Adding new sections to page
- Updating pages
- Updating menus
- Creating new page
- Setting homepage to be a blog
- Updating blog entries page
- Creating new blog post
- Editing blog post display settings
- Removing sample articles
- Turning off comments
- Begin editing contact page
- Adding custom contact form
- Updating website header
- Updating social links
- Updating website footer
- Updating custom CSS
- Updating scroll to top button
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (2-hour watch).