Learn how to use APIs with React in this intermediate video tutorial from Karl Hadwen. You will learn how to create a small application in React that calls the Hacker News API. The application uses React memo, Axios (to make API calls), styled components, and React Testing Library.
You will also learn how to test for accessibility and performance issues using Lighthouse.
Here are some of the things you'll learn in this course:
- How to use create-react-app
- How to add Axios using Yarn
- How to get data from the Hacker News API
- How useEffect works
- How to add validation when getting stories
- How to use styled components
- How the React profiler works
- Quick run through as to what we have built so far
- How to use InfiniteScroll
- How to add react-testing-library
- How to write tests and add Jest coverage
- How to run the application through Lighthouse
- and more
You can watch the course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (2.5 hour watch).