Swift is one of the main languages used for iOS development. What better way to learn how to build an iOS app than to recreate a popular app?
We just published a 5-hour course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to use Swift 5, UIKit, and Xcode to develop iOS apps by building a Netflix clone.
Amr created this course. Amr is an iOS developer who has created many popular tutorials.
In this course you will learn how to implement the MVVM design pattern and create the app from scratch in Xcode. The Netflix code will play videos using the YouTube API.
Here are the sections in this course:
- Introduction and App Demo
- Creating new Xcode Project
- Creating MainTabBarViewController
- Setting HomeViewController TableView
- Setting home TableViewCell and it’s CollectionView
- Creating Table’s HeaderView
- Customizing the navigation bar
- Setting Tableview sections titles
- Sending URL Requests and Parsing JSON response
- Using Extensions
- Consuming API To Fetch Data for each Section
- Refactoring Models
- Creating Custom CollectionViewCell
- Passing data to the CollectionView
- Viewing poster images inside CollectionViewCell
- Creating Upcoming TableView inside Upcoming Tab
- Creating custom TableViewCell from the upcoming table
- Creating TitleViewModel
- Creating Top Search TableView inside TopSearch tab
- Creating SearchResultsViewController to display search results
- Querying database for individual movie
- Using YouTube API
- Parsing YouTube API Response
- Handling selections of cells (Tapping on cells)
- Creating TitlePreviewViewController
- Refactoring TableViewHeader Hero title
- Handling Tapping across all ViewControllers
- Core Data (Best Practices)
- Using Notification Center to update ViewControllers
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (5-hour watch).