Frank will teach you step-by-step explaining each technique on a small standalone codebase and then he will teach you to use everything you learned to make a single final game.
This course is made out of 9 separate projects. In this series of projects you will learn everything you need to make your own 2D animated games, from sprite animation to state management.
Here are the projects and sections featured in this course:
- Project 2: Parallax backgrounds
- Project 3: Enemy movement patterns
- Collision detection between rectangles
- Collision detection between circles
- Project 4: Collision animations from a sprite sheet
- Project 5: Point & shoot game
- Project 6: Enemy variety
- Project 7: Side-scroller game with mobile support
- Project 8: State management
- Project 9: Final endless runner game with all the features
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (10-hour watch).