NestJS is a framework for building efficient, scalable Node.js web applications. It is a complete development kit for building scalable server-side apps.
We just published a full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to use NestJS by building a CRUD API.
Vladimir Agaev developed this course. Vladimir is an experienced software developer and teacher.
NestJS is a rapidly growing Node.js framework that helps build scalable and maintainable backend applications. In this course you will learn how to implement end-to-end tests and use modern web development techniques.
You will learn how to create a bookmarks API from scratch using NestJS, Docker, Postgres, Passport.js, Prisma, and pactum.
Here are the sections covered in this course:
- Course introduction
- What is NestJs
- Why using NestJs
- What we are building
- NestJs project setup
- Auth module
- Dependency injection
- Auth controller
- Setting up postgres in docker
- Setting up prisma
- User & bookmark models
- Running prisma migrations
- Prisma module
- Using auth dtos
- NestJs pipes
- NestJs global pipe
- Hashing user password with argon
- Sign up logic
- Sign in logic
- Automate postgres restart & prisma migrations
- NestJs config module
- Using passport js & jwt module with nestJs
- Get current user with access token
- NestJs Guards
- NestJs custom param decorator
- e2e tests with pactumJs
- Setting up test database
- Automate test database restart & migrations
- Using dotenv cli with prisma
- Prisma database teardown logic
- Auth e2e tests
- User e2e tests
- Bookmarks e2e test
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (4-hour watch).