By mastering Spring Boot and Spring Data JPA, you'll be equipped to build efficient, scalable, and secure applications with ease, making you a valuable asset in the job market and a more effective developer.
We just published a comprehensive video course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that teaches Spring Boot and Spring Data JPA, two pivotal technologies in the Java ecosystem. Bouali Ali created this course. Bouali is an experienced developer and teacher.
Spring Boot is an open-source, micro-framework from the larger Spring Framework, designed to simplify the bootstrapping and development of new Spring applications. Its primary goal is to ease the development process by offering a range of out-of-the-box features for configuration, along with embedded servers to facilitate a straightforward setup of web applications. Spring Boot's convention over configuration approach significantly reduces the amount of manual configuration required, making it a preferred choice for developers aiming to deploy applications quickly.
Spring Data JPA, on the other hand, is a part of the larger Spring Data family, aiming to simplify data access within SQL databases. It abstracts boilerplate CRUD operations, providing a more straightforward way to interact with databases through the Java Persistence API (JPA). Spring Data JPA integrates seamlessly with Spring Boot, offering an intuitive approach to handling database operations, reducing the complexity and the amount of code developers need to write.
This course is designed for both beginners and experienced developers who wish to deepen their understanding of Spring Boot and Spring Data JPA. Here's an overview of the key topics covered in the course:
Introduction to Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Overview of Spring Framework
- Introduction to Spring Boot
- Setting up a Spring Boot project
- Understanding Spring Boot auto-configuration
Spring Boot Basics
- Building RESTful web services with Spring Boot
- Spring Boot application properties
- Logging with Spring Boot
- Building a CRUD API
Database Access with Spring Data JPA
- Configuring a data source in Spring Boot
- Introduction to Spring Data JPA
- Implementing repositories
- Entity relationships and cascading
- Transactions and locking
Advanced Spring Boot Features
- Securing Spring Boot applications with Spring Security
- Token-based authentication
- Spring Boot with OAuth2
- Microservices with Spring Boot
- Deploying Spring Boot applications
- Writing unit tests for Spring Boot applications
- Integration testing with Spring Boot
Spring Boot Best Practices
- Effective logging practices
- Exception handling
- Application monitoring with Actuator
- Tips for production-ready applications
With a blend of theoretical concepts and practical demonstrations, the course aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to build robust, efficient applications. Watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (13-hour watch).