If you are making a web app, chances are it will have users that need to be authenticated.
We just published a 6-hour course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to implement user authentication from scratch in your Node.js and Express apps. You will lean how to use Passport.js.
This course was created by Zach Gollwitzer. Zach has created many well received programming courses on his YouTube channel.
You will learn how to implement authentication that works with a login form, how to use the authentication strategies in an Angular application, and how to create a custom JWT authentication option.
Here are the sections covered in this course:
- Topics and Prerequisites
- Intro to HTTP Headers and Cookies
- Intro to Express Middleware
- Intro to Express Sessions
- Implementation of Passport Local Strategy
- Intro to Public Key Cryptography
- How do JWTs work?
- Implementation of Passport JWT Strategy
- Implementing a Custom JWT Auth Solution
- JWT Strategy in Angular Front-End App
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (6-hour watch).