You can learn everything you need to know to earn the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Certification by completing this free 4-hour course.
What is the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals?
The Microsoft 365 Fundamentals is an entry level Microsoft certification into a broad amount of Microsoft Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products.
These Microsoft SaaS products are focused on improved business and administrative operations as well as team management and collaboration.
The course code for the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals is the MS-900.
Who is the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Certification for?
- You are new to cloud and want to learn the fundamentals and benefits of adopting cloud services in general, and the software as a service (SaaS) cloud model specifically.
- You are a business user, administrator, or IT professional
- You want to understand the capabilities of Microsoft 365 and how to build basic solutions, and deploy cloud services in your organization
- You are a Senior Cloud Engineer or Microsoft 365 Administrator who needs to reset or refresh their knowledge after working for multiple years.
Overview of the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
The Microsoft 365 Fundamentals covers the following:
- The cloud fundamentals e.g., Cloud Concepts, types of cloud computing, etc.
- The Core Microsoft 365 Services and Concepts E.g., SharePoint Online, Microsoft Viva, Teams
- Endpoint and Deployment options in Microsoft 365 E.g., Endpoint Manager, AVD, etc
- Security, Compliance, Privacy, and Trust in Microsoft 365 E.g., MFA, Defender 365
- Microsoft 365 Pricing of subscriptions, licenses, and support offerings for services
How do you get Certified?
You can get the certification by paying the exam fee and sitting for the exam at a test center partnered with Microsoft.
Microsoft Azure is partnered with Pearson Vue and PSI Online who have a network of test centers around the world. They provide both in-person and online exams. If you have the opportunity, I recommend that you take the exam in-person.
Microsoft has a portal page on Pearsue Vue where you can register and book your exam.
That exam fee is $99 USD.
Can I simply watch the videos and pass the exam?
Its strongly recommended to utilize practice exams before sitting the real exam.
ExamPro has multiple paid practice exams along with other study materials to increase your chances of passing.
Head on over to freeCodeCamp's YouTube channel to start working through the full 4 hour course.