In the realm of databases, making the right decision about which system to adopt can make or break the fluidity and efficiency of your applications. PostgreSQL, an open-source relational database, has increasingly become the go-to choice for developers worldwide.
We just posted a full PostgreSQL course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel. It covers PostgreSQL from the ground up. Alexandru Cristian created this course. He has created courses on Udemy and the freeCodeCamp channel.
Here is what is covered in this course:
- A deep dive into what PostgreSQL is and its distinct advantages.
Windows Installation - PostgreSQL and PgAdmin with Database Setup
- Step-by-step installation guide.
- Setting up your first database with PgAdmin.
Diving into the SELECT statement
- Fundamentals and use-cases of the SELECT statement.
- Put your knowledge to the test with hands-on challenges.
Exploring SELECT DISTINCT and Challenges
- Understanding the role of DISTINCT in queries.
- Engaging challenges to solidify your knowledge.
Delving into WHERE Clauses
- SELECT WHERE fundamentals and real-world examples.
- Engaging challenges to ensure you've grasped the concept.
Diving Deeper: Advanced Query Structures
- Introduction to COUNT, ORDER BY, LIMIT, and the BETWEEN Statement.
- Exploring the IN Statement and understanding the LIKE and ILIKE clauses.
- A comprehensive challenge covering all the topics so far.
Aggregate Functions and Beyond
- Introduction to functions that allow data analysis.
- Deep dive into GROUP BY - from basic introduction to practical examples and challenges.
- Unveiling the HAVING command and the AS Statement.
This course is ideally suited for a diverse range of people. Developers interested in enhancing their database skills will find it particularly beneficial, as will aspiring Database Administrators looking to specialize in PostgreSQL. Also, computer science students eager for hands-on experience and tech enthusiasts curious about the intricacies of relational databases will also greatly benefit from the content provided.
Watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (3-hour watch).