freeCodeCamp just published a major upgrade to our Scientific Computing with Python certification. You can now learn Python coding fundamentals by building 15 projects – right in your browser.
Here's a full list of the 15 projects you'll build:
- Learn String Manipulation by Building a Cipher
- Learn How to Work with Numbers and Strings by Implementing the Luhn Algorithm
- Learn Lambda Functions by Building a Expense Tracker
- Learn Python List Comprehensions by Building a Case Converter Program
- Learn Regular Expressions by Building a Password Generator
- Learn Algorithm Design by Building the Shortest Path Algorithm
- Learn Recursion by Solving the Tower of Hanoi Puzzle
- Learn Data Structures by Building the Merge Sort Algorithm
- Learn Classes and Objects by Building a Sudoku Solver
- Learn Tree Traversal by Building a Binary Search Tree
- Certification Project: Arithmetic Formatter
- Certification Project: Time Calculator
- Certification Project: Budget App
- Certification Project: Polygon Area Calculator
- Certification Project: Probability Calculator
This represents more than 500 coding challenges. And the 5 certification projects will involve building sophisticated projects that pass dozens of automated tests.
Lightning fast code compilation
freeCodeCamp has been hard at work on getting Python to run smoothly in the browser. The result is buttery-smooth execution. No waiting for a server somewhere to run your Python code and send the results back to you.
This is only the beginning
We'll be working throughout 2024 and 2025 to make all of our other certifications completely project-oriented, and get them running smoothly in the browser.
You can get involved in our open source efforts by becoming a volunteer in the freeCodeCamp community.
Happy Python coding. 🐍🏕️