Learn how to build cross platform desktop apps for Windows, Mac and Linux.
PySide6 is a Python binding for the Qt6 application framework. PySide6 allows you to use the Qt6 framework to create graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and other cross-platform applications in Python. It provides a convenient way to access the various components of the Qt6 framework, including widgets, signals, and slots. PySide6 is a free and open-source project maintained by the Qt Company.
We just published a full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to use PySide6 and Qt to develop applications.
Daniel Gakwaya developed this course. Danial is an experienced software engineer and he's the creator of our most viewed course of the last year.
The course is broken up into two main parts. You will first learn the basics and then you will learn more of the advanced features. Here are the sections in this course:
- Get the most
- Python and PySide6 Install
- Understanding the code
- Organizing the code in classes
- Signals and Slots
- Intro to Widgets
- Using QWidget
- QLabel and QLineEdit
- QLabel and Images
- Size Policies and Stretches
- QCheckBox and QRadioButton
- Qt Designer : Introduction & Install
- Using Qt Designer
- Qt Designer and QUiLoader
- Wrapping loader object into ui class
- Compiling User Interfaces to Python
- Working with resources manually : Qt Designer
- Loading resources from Qt Designer
- QMainWindow : Putting it all together!
Watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (5-hour watch).