The stack data structure is used frequently in programming, sometimes behind-the-scenes. And questions involving the stack data structure are very common in coding interviews.
We just published a course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that will teach you how to use the stack data structure to solve the type of coding challenges that are given in many technical job interviews.
A stack is a data structure that allows items to be added or removed from only one end, called the top. This structure is often used to store items in a last-in-first-out (LIFO) order.
In this course, you will learn how to master the data structure. The course starts with the easy problems on LeetCode and InterviewBit and slowly builds up your intuition so that you are able to solve hard problems using stacks. And all the questions are popular interview questions from Google, Meta, Microsoft and more!
Tanishq Chaudhary developed this course. Tanishq has helped thousands of people prepare for coding interviews.
The course is divided into three main sections, each full of coding interview problems. Here is the course outline:
SECTION 0 – Introduction
- Introduction to the course on the Stack data structure
- Stack implementation intuitions + Code in Python3 and C++
- Simplify Path | InterviewBit | LeetCode
- Min Stack | InterviewBit | LeetCode
SECTION 1 – Parentheses
- Introduction to Parentheses questions
- Valid Parentheses | InterviewBit | LeetCode
- Redundant Braces | InterviewBit
- Minimum Remove to Make Valid Parentheses | LeetCode
- Longest Valid Parentheses | LeetCode
SECTION 2 – Calculator
- Introduction to Calculator questions
- Convert Infix to Postfix
- Evaluate Reverse Polish Notation| InterviewBit | LeetCode
- Basic Calculator I, II, III | LeetCode
Watch the full course below or on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (2-hour watch).