The rapid ascent of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) into mainstream technology and its influence on various sectors of our society raises a series of profound ethical questions. It's not just about the technical ability of these systems but the ethical implications that could shape our future.
We just posted a course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel that gives a deep dive into the ethics of AI and ML.
While AI systems continue to become more sophisticated and integrated into our daily lives, it's critical to address the ethical dimensions intertwined with its growth. Can AI systems be granted personhood? Are there biases inherent in the algorithms that drive these machines?
As we move forward in the age of AI, it's essential to have these discussions and ensure the technology evolves in a way that aligns with our values and the greater good.
Seth Goldin, a software engineer and data scientist, delves deep into these questions, taking viewers on a comprehensive journey through the societal, economic, and philosophical aspects of AI.
Here are some of what is covered in this course:
- An introduction to the basic principles of AI and ML
- Understanding the intricacies of neural networks and the datasets that power them
- A deep dive into the limitations of AI and the concept of 'Black Boxes'
- A philosophical exploration of ethics in the context of AI
- Engaging thought experiments that challenge our perceptions
- A look into the possible future where the Singularity and AI risk become significant discussions
- Exploration of AI's role and ethical considerations in sectors like healthcare, education, finance, employment, and policy
In addition to Seth's insights, the course features segments from knowledgable guest speakers:
- Sneha Revanur from Encode Justice
- Okezue Bell from Fidutam
- Emilia Javorsky from the Future of Life Institute
Each guest brings their unique perspective and expertise, adding depth and nuance to the discussions on AI ethics.
This course offers a solid foundation for anyone looking to understand the ethical considerations of AI and ML. You can watch the full course on the freeCodeCamp.org YouTube channel (2-hour watch).